Right, we now have a brand new, optimised and working website. Next up we need to start managing our online exposure and make sure it reaches maximum potential and gets you the best possible results. First up, the all important reviews!
Gone are the days of your reviews coming via compliments to staff members and informal chats to managers or the archaic guest book. Sites like TripAdvisor and social media platforms like Facebook have revolutionised the way we review hotels, guest houses, b & b’s etc. Everything happens online now, hence the importance of managing these reviews. Positive reviews on your site can be your most powerful conversion tool, so it’s essential that you keep on top of all online reviews and to respond to them in a timely manner.
Managing your online reviews can be an overwhelming thought, or one that is just easily forgotten. Taking the time to respond to reviews on the most popular sites, will benefit your establishment and keep you, as the business owner, accountable for your business’s profile and in turn, gain more happy guests by learning from feedback that has been left.
Start following popular hospitality blogs, or keep tabs on blog reviews for your establishment by doing a weekly search. If you find your business has had a positive review, I suggest taking the time to respond to bloggers’ positive comments and photographs too. Treat these articles just the same way that you would a positive newspaper review or in-person compliment. Always be sure to respond to all reviews, good and bad and remember to thank reviewers for the positive points.
Below follow our 5 most important points to keep in mind when managing your reviews:
- Check and manage your online reviews and listings regulary. Commit to doing so on a regular basis. Pick a day and schedule it in every week.
- Respond to all comments where possible in a professional and courteous manner.
- Create a positive online presence through your blog, website or social media pages by providing current information regularly.
- If you receive positive comments from a guest, kindly suggest that they could leave a positive review online.
- Link your online reviews to your website or blog through widgets supplied by review sites to encourage positive reviews from guests.