Valentine’s Day provides a perfect annual opportunity to boost your marketing efforts. Here are a few practical tips for you to help you reach couples who want to celebrate this special day. As well as romantic ideas to help make their experience at your establishment one they will never forget!
Step 1 – Identify your Guest Types & Separate your Database
It’s important that you attract as many guests as you can, so your contact database would be a good place to start. So get going by creating individual lists for the following guest types:
- A guest that has stayed with you on previous Valentine’s Days.
- Your most loyal and regular repeat guests.
- Potential new guests – ie those who have sent inquiries in the past but didn’t confirm reservations.
Step 2 – Create Great Package Deals
Now that you have your lists ready, give them irresistible offers they can’t refuse. Offer significant discounts and include extras to create great value packages and try applying a theme to accentuate the unique aspects of your destination. Here are a few ideas:
- Kit out the room with some romantic touches. Think sparkling wine on arrival, rose petals on the bed and a romantic turndown service.
- Include vouchers to spa treatments, local restaurants or any other activity offered in your area that may appeal to couples, like a sunset cruise for instance.
- Offer additional addons like late checkout, in-room couples massages, picnic hampers or in-room dinner service.
Step 3 – Market and Distribute Your Special
Statistics show that 59 % of shoppers choose to buy their Valentine’s gifts and book their accommodation online. Therefore using online channels is your best bet for selling your Valentine’s packages.
- Email your existing database. Make sure to send at least 2 emails before Valentine’s Day.
- Run online advertisements. If you’re making use of Google Ads, bid on relevant phrases like “Valentine’s Day Accommodation Deals” or “Valentine’s Day Special Packages”
- Use Social Media. Advertise your specials on your Facebook page, Instagram, etc and be sure to link to your own website where more info and booking facilities should be displayed.
- Communicate your deal with Online Travel Agencies. If you’re using a booking system with channel manager, like Nightsbridge, that integrates with your OTA’s, then it’s a quick and easy process to get your special advertised on all your listings. If you’re not using a booking system, be sure to contact your OTA’s and ask about Special Advertising.
If you need any help with getting your Valentine’s package up and running, you’re welcome to contact us here at Tourism Marketing SA for some extra advice and marketing package info. We look forward to hearing from you!